Running the Nitrox Server
- The Nitrox server needs an open port to communicate through. This can be achieved by port forwarding or through the use of a VPN service like Hamachi if you do not know or want to port forward.
- Nitrox uses port 11000 UDP
- In some cases, your Firewall may be blocking this connection. If you or others can't connect, make sure that both you and the host of the server have a firewall exception for the Subnautica.exe and NitroxServer-Subnautica.exe
Follow these steps to run/host a Nitrox server.
If you look in the server window you can find information about:
- Run NitroxLauncher as Administrator
- Click on Server, then Start Server
- Game Mode
- Server Password
- Admin Password
- Your local IP for LAN or if you are joining the server yourself
- It shows you the IP others need to input, if you are Port Forwarding your server
Port Forwarding help:
As every router is different, we recommend you to visit the website https://portforward.com/router.htm to learn how to port forward for your router.